This is the best creamy potato salad for barbeque and grilling, potlucks and as a family favorite, delicious summertime staple.
- 2.5 lbs. Yukon gold or red potatoes
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1/4 cup dill pickle relish (optional)
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped (optional)
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Scrub the potatoes clean and bring the potatoes in a pot of salted water to boil over medium-high heat.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to medium-low and cook the potatoes for 25-30 minutes or until potatoes are easily pierced with a fork.
- Set up an ice bath and add the cooked potatoes to cool down.
- Once cool, peel by gently pinching the skin away and chop potatoes into bite-sized chunks.
- Add to a mixing bowl and drizzle with apple cider vinegar.
- Add mayonnaise, sour cream, mustard, red onions, celery, relish, dill, celery seed, eggs and salt and pepper to taste in the mixing bowl. Stir gently to combine.
- Chill for at least 30 minutes before serving.