Baked Ziti is a great family meal to bring to the table with 3 kinds of cheese, a hearty meat sauce and a cheesy browned top!
- 16 oz. ziti, cooked al dente
- 2 lb. ground beef
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 jar (24 oz.) marinara sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 15 oz. ricotta cheese
- 2 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded and divided
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and cook the pasta until al dente. Rinse under cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Over medium-high heat, brown the beef until cooked through. Drain any excess fat.
- Remove beef and set aside. Saute onions and garlic until onions are soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add in beef, marinara sauce, Worcestershire sauce, Italian seasoning, bouillon cubes, sugar and salt and pepper to taste.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine eggs, ricotta, 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese.
- Add the pasta to the cheese mixture. Stir until thoroughly combined.
- Spoon 1/3 of the meat sauce into a 9×13 casserole dish.
- Top with half the pasta mixture.
- Repeat layers once more and finish with a final layer of meat sauce.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes at 350°F.
- Sprinkle with the remaining 1 cup of mozzarella cheese and broil at 450°F for 3-5 minutes or until cheese has browned.
- Dish and serve hot.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins