Try this baked honey mustard chicken recipe with thighs roasted in a bold and delicious honey mustard sauce flavored with fresh rosemary.
- 6 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs (about 2 lb.)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons whole grain mustard, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3–4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper to taste and 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard.
- In an oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat, sear the thighs on both sides with 1 tablespoon of oil until golden brown, about 5 minutes per side. Arrange chicken thighs skin side up.
- Combine mustard, honey, 2 tablespoons of whole grain mustard and garlic.
- Baste the mustard mixture on the thighs. Wedge in rosemary sprigs in between the chicken.
- Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes. A meat thermometer should read 165°F or the juices should run clear when pierced with a fork.
- Drain off any excess fat before serving.
- Dish and serve hot.
- Scroll up to RECIPE TIPS for more useful tips, suggestions and ingredient substitutions.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 55 mins