This chilled tuna pasta salad with pasta, celery, red onions, peas, mayo, fresh dill and lemon juice is a classic, family favorite side dish.
- 16 oz. rotini/shell/macaroni pasta, cooked al dente, drained and rinsed
- 1 (12 oz.) can albacore white tuna in water, drained
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta according to package directions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Warm up the peas by adding 2 tablespoons of water to a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 1-2 minutes. Drain any excess liquid.
- Add tuna, celery, red onion, peas, and pasta to a large mixing bowl.
- Add in mayonnaise, lemon juice, thyme, sugar and salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir gently to combine and mix well.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes and serve chilled.
- Add some bite – Add some bite with some mustard.
- Add more flavor – Add more flavor with some sweet pickle relish or regular relish.
- Scroll up to RECIPE TIPS for more useful tips, suggestions and ingredient substitutions.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins