Sweet potato casserole is delicious and comforting, sweet but not too decadent. With a crunchy fudge topping and festive sweet potato and coconut filling.
- 3 cups mashed sweet potatoes / 2 cans (15 oz.) cut sweet potatoes in syrup, drained
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup coconut flakes (optional)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- Mix the filling ingredients and combine until smooth.
- Pour into a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish.
- Mix the topping of brown sugar, melted butter and flour until smooth.
- Pour the topping mixture over the filling and use the back of a spoon to distribute it evenly.
- Top with chopped pecans.
- Bake at 350°F for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Dish and serve hot.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins