Slow cooker brown sugar garlic chicken is a 5-ingredient recipe with juicy and tender chicken in a rich and flavorful sweet and savory sauce.
- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 (0.7) oz. packet Italian dressing mix
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Parsley, green onions, or toasted sesame seeds to garnish (optional)
- Combine brown sugar, Italian dressing mix and pepper. Season both sides of the chicken with the brown sugar rub by massaging it in with your hands.
- Arrange chicken skin side up on a 6 qt. slow cooker and pat any remaining brown sugar rub onto the chicken skins. Add minced garlic to the slow cooker.
- Cook on LOW for 6-8 hours or HIGH for 4 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 165°F.
- Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes then dish and serve hot with the sauce.
- There is no need to add any liquid to this recipe as the chicken thighs will release their own juices while cooking.
- Thicker sauce – Use the sauce as is or thicken it up with a cornstarch slurry. 1 teaspoon of cornstarch should give you a slightly thicker sauce. 2 teaspoons should give you a very sticky sauce.
- Make it smoky – Add a little toasted sesame oil for a smoky flavor.
- Add some heat – Add a little kick with a few dashes of crushed red pepper.
- Add some veggies – Layer some veggies under the chicken like diced, baby gold or red potatoes, carrots, onions, or bell peppers.
- Scroll up to RECIPE TIPS for more useful tips, suggestions and ingredient substitutions.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 4 hours