A no-fuss recipe for slow cooker BBQ pulled chicken. Just set and forget until it’s time to eat and serve with coleslaw, pickles and chips!
- 2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1/4 cups BBQ sauce (I used Sweet Baby Rays)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- Arrange chicken breasts in a 6 qt. slow cooker.
- Combine BBQ sauce, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, onion powder, garlic powder, cumin, smoked paprika and cayenne to make a thick sauce. Pour the sauce over the chicken breasts.
- Cook chicken on HIGH for 3-4 hours or LOW for 7-8 hours.
- Shred the chicken on a cutting board with two forks. Transfer the shredded chicken to a large mixing bowl.
- Stir to mix the sauce in the slow cooker then add this sauce to the shredded chicken while mixing until it’s your desired level of sauciness.
- Dish and serve hot over buns.
- Some may like their BBQ chicken saucier than others. Adding the sauce to the pulled chicken lets you customize your level of sauciness.
- Scroll up to RECIPE TIPS for more useful tips, suggestions and ingredient substitutions.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 4 hours