Slow cooker balsamic roast only needs 15 minutes of preparation. Brown sugar balances out the balsamic vinegar to create a mildly sweet and savory roast.
- 2–3 lb. chuck roast
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Salt to taste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Season the meat with salt and pepper and sear over medium-high heat until browned on both sides.
- Transfer the meat to a slow cooker.
- Mix together the remaining ingredients and pour over the meat.
- Cover and cook for 8 hours on low or 4 hours on high.
- Once cooked, remove the roast and shred with two forks. Discard and remove any fatty bits.
- Dish and serve hot with gravy.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 8 hours