A quick and easy recipe for Pico De Gallo (Salsa Fresca) with fresh avocado, tomatoes, red onions, lemon juice and cilantro. Use it as a dip or topping for tacos!
- 3 medium roma tomatoes, seeds removed and diced
- ½ medium red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted and diced
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine tomatoes, onions, cilantro and avocado in a large mixing bowl
- Add lime juice and salt and pepper to taste. Stir well to combine
- Dish and serve at room temperature or chilled
Add diced jalapenos to make it spicy. The more seeds you keep the spicier it is. If you only want a a hint of spiciness, try red pepper flakes instead.