These on-the-go breakfast muffins are a quick and easy way to get your eggs in the morning. Loaded with bacon bits, cheddar cheese and spinach and baked in a muffin pan for a quick grab-and-go bite on busy mornings!
- 12 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups baby spinach, chopped
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and chopped / 1/2 cup bacon bits
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Mix all the ingredients together in a large mixing bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Grease a regular size muffin tin and fill each cup to about 2/3 of the way full.
- Bake at 350°F for 20-23 minutes or until a knife inserted in the middle of a muffin comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before prying the muffins loose.
- Dish and serve hot or refrigerate later for leftovers.
- Add more veggies – Try other veggies like cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, peppers, onions, kale, or broccoli.
- Substitute cheddar – Experiment with other cheese like mozzarella, gruyere, swiss cheese, feta, blue cheese, goat cheese, Colby Jack, Pepper Jack, Monterey Jack, or Parmesan.
- Add more protein – Substitute bacon with chorizo, cooked breakfast sausage or cooked crumbled sausage, cooked ground beef, chicken or turkey, or cooked ham.
- Add some bite – Add a teaspoon of Dijon mustard to the mix for some bite.
- Add more flavor – Throw in more seasonings like garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, cayenne, or crushed pepper flakes.
- Scroll up to RECIPE TIPS for more useful tips, suggestions and ingredient substitutions
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins