Get into summer full swing with this light lemon garlic pasta with salmon. Full of fresh, summer flavors!
- 16 oz. rigatoni/pasta
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb. salmon fillet
- Zest of one lemon
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons capers
- Parmesan cheese, shaved or grated
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, season salmon with salt and pepper to taste and bake at 350 degrees F for 15-20 minutes, depending on thickness.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain and toss with garlic, olive oil, basil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add lemon juice, zest and capers to the pasta and toss to mix.
- Flake the salmon into bite-size pieces.
- Gently toss salmon with the pasta.
- Dish and serve hot topped with freshly grated or shaved Parmesan cheese.
If the pasta feels too dry when reheating leftovers, add more olive oil after heating it up.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins