This homemade garlic bread recipe with freshly toasted crusty bread slathered in herbed garlic butter will compliment any pasta meal.
- 1 large loaf ciabatta / French bread
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4–6 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup Parmigiano Reggiano / Parmesan, grated
- Combine butter, garlic, parsley and grated cheese in a mixing bowl and stir to mix well.
- Cut the bread in half lengthwise and spread a THICK layer of garlic butter from end to end.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake at 400°F for 10-14 minutes, or until the butter has melted and the bread is a light golden brown.
- Cut the bread into 1″ slices and dish and serve warm.
- Make it cheesy – Top bread with shredded mozzarella, cheddar, provolone, Colby Jack, or Monterey Jack cheese. Follow the recipe instructions and broil for the last 2 minutes to get a crispy, cheesy top. Serve with some store-bought marinara or homemade marinara sauce for the best flavor.
- Reheating in the oven – Wrap the garlic bread in foil so it doesn’t dry out, then bake it at 350°F for 10 minutes in the oven. For crispier garlic bread, remove the foil for the last 2 minutes of baking.
- Reheating in the air fryer – Reheat the garlic bread by air frying at 350°F for 3-4 minutes.
- Scroll up to RECIPE TIPS for more useful tips, suggestions and ingredient substitutions.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins