Shredded hash browns and cheese nests baked until crispy topped with a baked eggs, crumbled bacon and more cheese. Served with chilled avocado slices.
- 15 oz. frozen shredded hash browns, thawed
- 1 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded and divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 medium eggs
- 2 slices cooked bacon, crumbled/2 tablespoons bacon bits
- 1/2 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 2 avocados, sliced and chilled (optional)
- Mix the shredded hash browns, 1 cup of cheddar cheese, olive oil and salt and pepper to taste in a mixing bowl.
- Grease a non-stick regular muffin pan and divide the hash brown mixture. Use your fingers to pack them tightly and shape them into nests.
- Bake at 425°F or until the edges have browned and the cheese has melted, about 15 minutes.
- Crack a medium egg into each nest and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with crumbled bacon, remaining 1/4 cup cheddar cheese and parsley.
- Bake at 350°F until the egg whites set, about 13 to 16 minutes.
- Let it cool, gently slide a knife along the edges and use a fork to lift it out of the pan.
- Dish and serve with chilled avocado slices (optional).
If you don’t have frozen shredded hash browns, bake 4-6 russet potatoes. Let them cool off, then peel and grate them to form shreds.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins