Try this garlic butter baked chicken breast recipe with juicy chicken smothered in a homemade herbed garlic butter sauce.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (5–8 oz. each)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
GARLIC BUTTER SAUCE
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2–3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Pound the chicken to 1/2″ thickness using a meat mallet.
- Season the chicken on both sides with paprika and salt and pepper.
- Combine the butter mix ingredients and stir to mix well.
- [Optional step] In an oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat, sear the chicken breasts in olive oil until golden brown on both sides, about 2 minutes per side.
- Spoon the garlic butter sauce over the chicken breasts and bake in the oven at 425°F for 15-20 minutes or until internal temperature reads 165°F.
- Let it rest for 5 minutes and spoon garlic butter over chicken before serving.
- If you don’t have an ovenproof skillet, transfer the seared chicken into an oven-safe baking dish. Spoon the garlic butter sauce on the chicken and bake it in the oven.
- I used boneless, skinless chicken breasts on the smaller side (about 5-8 oz. each). If you have large chicken breasts, you can cut 2 breasts into half lengthwise to get 4 chicken cutlets.
- Add more flavor – Add a few dashes of red pepper flakes in the garlic butter for more flavor. Or add more seasoning to the chicken breasts like thyme, garlic and onion powder, smoked paprika, chili powder, or cayenne.
- Scroll up to RECIPE TIPS for more useful tips, suggestions and ingredient substitutions.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins