Here’s a quick and easy hamburger quiche filled with all the fun flavors of a cheeseburger baked in a delicious, buttery pie crust.
- 2 frozen regular 9″ pie crusts, thawed/ 9″ refrigerated pie crusts
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 small yellow onion, minced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup milk
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 cups cheddar cheese, shredded and divided
- Over medium high heat, brown the beef in a skillet. Drain any fat, remove beef and set aside.
- In the same pan, sauté onions in some oil until soft, about 2-3 minutes. Add beef back to the pan and stir to mix.
- Combine beef, onions, mayonnaise, milk, eggs, nutmeg and 2 cups of cheddar cheese in a mixing bowl. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour mixture into both pie crusts, dividing them equally.
- Sprinkle the tops with remaining 1 cup of cheese.
- Bake the pies at 350°F for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Dish and serve hot.