Crispy honey garlic chicken is a quick dinner fix for two, with a double battered spice mix served with honey garlic sauce.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon sage
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Wrap the chicken breasts in plastic wrap and pound into 1/2″ thickness with a meat mallet.
- Combine flour, cornstarch, baking powder, salt and pepper to taste, nutmeg, thyme, sage, paprika and cayenne and stir to mix.
- Combine egg and water for the egg wash.
- Dredge the chicken with the flour mixture. Follow with a dip in the egg wash and final dredge of the flour mixture and coat thoroughly.
- Over medium heat, pan-fry the chicken in some oil (see note) until the crust is golden brown, about 3-5 minutes per side. Drain on paper towels.
- In a separate pan over medium-high heat, saute garlic and ginger until fragrant.
- Add honey and soy sauce and bring to a simmer, about 2 minutes.
- Dish the chicken and serve it hot with honey garlic sauce.
Inspired by Rock Recipes
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins