These roasted crispy garlic Parmesan brussels sprouts are a quick and easy side dish that will win over kids and even the pickiest of eaters.
- 1 lb. brussels sprouts, ends trimmed and halved
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Add brussels sprouts to a large mixing bowl and pour in melted butter and olive oil. Mix well to coat the sprouts in the fat so the rest of the ingredients will stick.
- Add remaining ingredients: salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, panko breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese. Toss to combine until the sprouts are evenly coated with the panko mixture.
- Transfer to a prepared baking sheet and arrange the sprouts cut-side down in a single layer, spaced out evenly between each sprout. If there are some sprouts with the cut side not fully coated in the panko mixture, press them down in the leftover panko mixture to fully coat.
- Pat any leftover Parmesan breadcrumb mixture on the tops of the sprouts and press down to adhere.
- Roast at 400°F for 20 minutes, flip the sprouts and bake for another 5-10 minutes, if needed, or until the sprouts are golden and crispy.
- Let the sprouts rest for 5 minutes then transfer them to a serving bowl. Sprinkle with more Parmesan cheese on top if desired and dish and serve warm.
Spice it up – Add a few shakes of crushed red pepper for some kick.
Add some herbs – Toss them in some Italian seasoning for more flavor.
Add some sweetness – Add a drizzle of honey to the butter and olive oil mixture for a hint of sweetness.
Make it zesty – Drizzle with some lemon juice before serving to brighten up the flavor.
Add more flavor – Add some bacon bits for more flavor.
- Scroll up to RECIPE TIPS for more useful tips, suggestions and ingredient substitutions.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins