This deliciously creamy Tuscan chicken pasta with fresh flavors of sun-dried tomatoes and spinach delivers restaurant quality comfort food in under 30 minutes.
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about two 8 oz. chicken breasts)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoon Italian seasoning, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 5 oz. fresh baby spinach/fresh baby kale
- 8 oz., sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and chopped
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1 lb. penne/ziti/rigatoni pasta
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper to taste and 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning.
- Over medium high heat in a Dutch oven, add butter and 1 teaspoon of the sun-dried tomato oil.
- Sear the chicken until cooked through, about 5-6 minutes per side depending on thickness. Cook until the chicken internal temperature reads 165 degrees F on an instant read thermometer or the chicken is no longer pink.
- Remove chicken and cut into thick slices.
- Meanwhile, add spinach/kale and chopped sun-dried tomatoes to the pot and sauté until the spinach cooks down.
- Reduce to medium-low heat and add cream cheese, heavy cream and Parmesan cheese. Stir until the cheese melts into a smooth sauce.
- Add cooked pasta, sliced chicken and season with onion powder, garlic powder, basil and remaining teaspoon of Italian seasoning. Stir to mix and if needed, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Dish and serve hot.
Reheating tip: Add some milk when reheating to smooth out the sauce again.