Enjoy this comforting, creamy sausage pasta with Italian sausage and your favorite pasta smothered in a decadent garlic-Parmesan sauce.
- 1 lb. ground Italian sausage
- 1 lb. penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, minced
- 3–4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup chicken broth / dry white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 oz. fresh baby spinach, tightly packed (about 3 cups)
- Cook the pasta in a pot of salted water according to the package directions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Over medium heat, brown the sausage in a large skillet, about 5 minutes. Break up any clumps, remove sausage with a slotted spoon and set aside. Drain any excess grease from the pan.
- Melt butter in the pan and saute onions until soft.
- Add in the garlic and saute for another 30 seconds then return sausage to the pan.
- Reduce heat to medium-low then pour in the heavy cream, chicken broth/white wine and season with Italian seasoning and salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to a gentle boil, add in Parmesan cheese and stir until the cheese melts smoothly into the sauce.
- Turn heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
- Add baby spinach and stir until the spinach has wilted.
- Add cooked pasta and toss until pasta is fully coated in the sauce.
- Dish and serve hot.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins