This restaurant-quality creamy garlic Tuscan shrimp is smothered in a decadent garlic white wine sauce with spinach and sun-dried tomatoes.
- 1 lb. jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined with tails on or off
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and chopped/julienned
- 4 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (optional)
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach, tightly packed (about 3 oz.)
- Fresh parsley/basil to garnish, chopped
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt the butter and sear the shrimp on each side for about 2 minutes per side until the shrimp turns pink. Remove and set aside.
- Add in the olive oil and saute the sun-dried tomatoes for about 1 minute.
- Toss in the garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- [Optional] Pour in the white wine and simmer until reduced by half, scraping off any bits from the pan.
- Reduce heat to medium and pour in the heavy cream. Bring to a gentle boil and add the Parmesan cheese, stirring until the cheese melts into the sauce.
- Season with Italian seasoning, paprika and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the spinach and stir until the spinach wilts into the sauce.
- Toss the shrimp back into the pan and stir to mix.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley or basil and dish and serve hot over pasta or rice.
- Substitute the spinach – You can substitute spinach with fresh asparagus spears or fresh basil.
- Add some zest – Add more vibrant flavors with freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Add some spice – Try adding a little kick with some red pepper flakes.
- Scroll up to RECIPE TIPS for more useful tips, suggestions and ingredient substitutions.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins