This easy 20-minute creamy garlic mushroom recipe smothers juicy baby bella mushrooms in a rich and buttery garlic Parmesan cream sauce.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 16 oz. baby bella mushrooms, whole or sliced and cleaned
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 3–4 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh chopped parsley, to garnish
- Add olive oil and melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once the pan is hot, add mushrooms, season with salt and pepper and stir to coat.
- Spread the mushrooms in an even layer and let them sear until browned, about 5-7 minutes. Stir halfway through.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and push aside some mushrooms to make some space. Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and saute garlic until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Toss to coat mushrooms in the garlic butter sauce then pour in the heavy cream.
- Bring to a gentle boil then add cream cheese, Parmesan cheese and season with onion powder and Italian seasoning. Add Parmesan cheese in batches, stirring continuously until the cheese melts smoothly into the sauce.
- Do a taste test and season with salt and pepper to taste, if needed.
- Stir constantly while simmering until the sauce has reduced a little and is thick and creamy, about 2-3 minutes. The sauce will thicken some more upon standing.
- Dish and serve hot garnished with fresh parsley.
Add more flavor – Add more flavor with some bacon bits sprinkled into the cream sauce.
Add some bite – Add a little Dijon mustard for a cream sauce with some bite.
Add some vegetables – Toss in a handful of baby spinach into the sauce.
Add some wine – Deglaze the pan with a splash of dry white wine after sauteing the mushrooms and garlic.
Add more cheese – Top with some mozzarella and broil until the cheese has melted and is golden brown before serving.
- Scroll up to RECIPE TIPS for more useful tips, suggestions and ingredient substitutions.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins