Enjoy this chicken Lazone with Cajun-rubbed chicken, pan-seared in butter until golden and smothered in a simple but delicious cream sauce.
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Parsley to garnish
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika/smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the spice mix of garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, cayenne pepper, oregano, thyme, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Season both sides of the chicken evenly with the spice mix and pat it into the chicken.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter and sear the chicken until cooked, about 3-4 minutes per side.
- Remove chicken from the pan and pour in chicken stock to deglaze the pan. Scrape off any browned bits.
- Reduce heat to medium and pour in heavy cream.
- Simmer until the sauce thickens and coats the back of a spoon, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add freshly chopped parsley to the sauce and dish and serve hot.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins