This chicken Lazone recipe gives you a quick 30-minute dinner with pan-seared chicken tenders smothered in delicious buttery cream sauce.
2 lb. chicken tenders, unbreaded
4 tablespoons butter, divided
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cups heavy cream
Salt and pepper, to taste
Parsley, to garnish (optional)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine the spice mix of garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, salt and pepper and generously season both sides of the chicken tenders with it.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add olive oil and melt 2 tablespoons of butter. Sear the chicken tenders on both sides until browned, about 3-4 minutes per side. You will need to do this in batches. Remove chicken to a plate.
- Reduce heat to medium, pour in heavy cream and add the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter. Scrape off any browned bits stuck to the bottom of the pan.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and simmer until the sauce has thickened and reduced, about 5-8 minutes.
- Return chicken and plate juices to skillet and simmer for another 2 minutes or until chicken is warmed through.
- Dish and serve hot over pasta, mashed potatoes, or rice topped with chopped fresh parsley (optional).
Spice it up – Add some spice with a little cayenne.
Make it smoky – A dash or two of smoked paprika will really add some smoky undertones.
Add more flavor – Crumbled bacon will go great with the cream sauce.
Add some veggies – You can try some fresh sliced mushrooms or spinach to bulk up the dish a little. You might need to add more cream sauce to account for the added volume.
- Scroll up to RECIPE TIPS for more useful tips, suggestions and ingredient substitutions.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins