Cheesy garlic bread is made with a delicious herbed garlic butter mix and a three-cheese blend of mozzarella, cheddar and Parmesan cheese.
- 1 large French or Italian loaf, about 12 oz.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup mozzarella, shredded
- 1/2 cup, cheddar, shredded
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- Combine all the ingredients except for the bread in a large mixing bowl and mix well.
- Slice the loaf in half lengthwise and spread a generous layer of the garlic butter mixture from end to end on both loaves.
- Place loaves on a prepared baking sheet and bake at 400°F for 15 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and the edges of the bread have browned.
- [Optional step] Broil for a few minutes to lightly brown the cheese.
- Let it sit for a few minutes before slicing.
- You will need about 12 oz. of bread which should work up to be about 18” in length.
- Wait a few minutes after baking for the cheese to set so it doesn’t slide around when slicing.
Experiment with different cheeses – Try other cheese combinations such as Colby Jack, Monterey Jack, or provolone.
Add some heat – Add a dash of red pepper flakes or jalapeno slices for some heat.
Substitute green onions – Switch green onions with some parsley or basil.
- Scroll up to RECIPE TIPS for more useful tips, suggestions and ingredient substitutions.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins