Bacon ranch pasta salad is coated in creamy ranch dressing, crisp bacon and sharp cheddar all tossed together for the perfect chilled side dish.
- 1 (16 oz.) box elbow macaroni, or other short type pasta
- 10 slices bacon (about 16 oz.), cooked and crumbled
- 1 pt. (16 oz.) grape tomatoes / cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 (6 oz.) can large pitted black olives, sliced
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 4–6 green onions, sliced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 (1 oz.) packet Hidden Valley ranch dip seasoning mix
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- Prepare the dressing by combining mayonnaise, sour cream, ranch dip seasoning mix, garlic powder and milk. Whisk until smooth.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooked pasta, dressing and all the other ingredients. Toss to mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.
Add more flavor – Add more flavor with red onions, parsley, or hard-boiled eggs.
Herbed dressing – Add some herbs to the dressing like fresh dill, chopped parsley, or chives.
- Scroll up to RECIPE TIPS for more useful tips, suggestions and ingredient substitutions.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins