This family favorite, kid-friendly bacon cheeseburger tater tot casserole has all the fun flavors of a bacon cheeseburger in casserole form.
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 can (10.5 oz.) condensed cream of onion soup (see tips for substitutions)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (32-oz.) package frozen tater tots
- 4–6 slices (about 1 cup) cooked bacon, roughly chopped / 1/4 cup bacon bits
- 2 cups (8 oz.) cheddar cheese, shredded
- Over medium-high heat brown the ground beef in a skillet, breaking up any clumps. Drain any excess grease from the pan.
- Add in soup, sour cream, smoked paprika, mustard and season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir to mix well.
- In a 9×13 casserole dish, arrange half the tater tots in a single layer.
- Add all the beef mixture for the second layer and top with half of the chopped bacon.
- Add 1 cup of cheddar cheese, top with remaining tater tots and finish with the remaining 1 cup of cheddar cheese.
- Bake uncovered at 350°F for 40-45 minutes or until cheese has melted and tater tots are golden brown.
- Top with remaining 1/2 cup bacon and dish and serve hot.
Scroll up for useful recipe tips, suggestions and substitutions.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 50 mins