Skip the calories and mess of deep-fried chicken with these crispy air fryer buffalo chicken wings tossed in restaurant-quality sauce.
- 2 lbs. chicken wings
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup Frank’s RedHot sauce
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt to taste
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F.
- Season the chicken wings with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the wings in a single layer in the air fryer basket and air fry for 10 minutes.
- Flip the wings over and air fry for another 10 minutes, or until a meat thermometer reads 165°F.
- Meanwhile, combine the sauce ingredients in a small pot over low heat. Gently simmer until the sauce begins to bubble.
- Remove sauce from heat immediately and toss with the cooked wings in a large mixing bowl until evenly coated.
- Dish and serve hot with veggies and ranch or blue cheese dressing.
- Add a cornstarch slurry for a thicker, stickier wing sauce.
- Cooking time will vary based on air fryer models and wing size.
- For crispier wings, see the baking powder hack in recipe tips.
- This recipe assumes you have an air fryer with a preheat option. If you do not, run your air fryer for 5 minutes at 400°F to preheat it evenly before adding in the chicken and following the recommended recipe time.
- Scroll up to RECIPE TIPS for more useful tips, suggestions and ingredient substitutions.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins