Try hibachi steak at home with a buttery sirloin steak in a rich Asian-inspired sauce that only takes 10 minutes from start to finish.
- 1 lb. boneless steak like sirloin/fillet, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce/mirin
- Pepper to taste
- Combine the sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Over medium-high heat, melt the butter and toss in the garlic. Saute until fragrant, about half a minute.
- Add in steak bites and toss to combine.
- Pour in the sauce and toss to coat the meat thoroughly.
- Stir-fry for about 5 minutes until the sauce has cooked down and the beef is seared.
- Finish with a drizzle of sesame oil.
Yum Yum Sauce
1 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon melted butter
1/2 tablespoon Sriracha sauce
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon sugar
1/4 cup water