These pan-seared garlic butter mushrooms are smothered in a silky garlic butter sauce with fresh parsley for restaurant-quality flavors.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 16 oz. fresh white/baby bella mushrooms
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Add olive oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once the pan is hot, add mushrooms, season with salt and pepper and stir to coat.
- Spread the mushrooms in an even layer and let them sear without stirring for about 4-5 minutes. Flip them over and sear them on the other side for another 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium and do a quick stir. Push aside some mushrooms to make some space, then melt butter and saute garlic until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Toss to coat mushrooms in the garlic butter sauce and simmer for another 3-4 minutes until well combined and the sauce has reduced a little.
- Do a taste test and adjust seasonings if needed.
- Add in parsley, toss to coat and dish and serve hot.
- Add more herbs – Add some fresh or dried thyme which goes perfectly with mushrooms.
- White wine – Add a splash of dry white wine after sauteing the mushrooms to deglaze the pan and add some flavor.
- Add more flavor – Saute some yellow onions in the butter with the garlic or add a dash of Worcestershire sauce for some umami.
- Make it creamy – Add a splash of heavy cream and some Parmesan cheese for a creamy garlic butter sauce instead.
- Scroll up to RECIPE TIPS for more useful tips, suggestions and ingredient substitutions.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins